Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Julie & Julia

this movie has won many good criticism around the town
i wasn't aware what are the storyline until i find out the portrayal of Julia Child was in it
i first come in touch with the name 'Julia Child' was when i did my final year project regarding television food show and the my first part was all about Julia Child
now being able to see and understand more on how she rise as one of the best historical celebrity cook was an excitement to me
and for Meryl Steep to play her role, i think it was just a perfect match..she seems to play it really well like usual, she has been a fascinating actress and Amy Adams to play Julie was definitely good enough too


Julia gained her diploma at the Le Cordon Bleu school at Paris..i was smiling when i watched this part because i came across this school lately and their school at Australia has been one of the good option for me to continue my journey..
at the school, she was the only women and all the guys doesn't like him, but she was so passionate about what she was doing, so determine to continue what she desire, and at last found her true passion which is of course 'I enjoyed eating' that's what she said which lead to French culinary..
and of course Paul Child, her supportive husband which accompanied her throughout the way..never complained about the time Julia spent on her passion..


i don't know why, this movie somehow just reflect the life i'm having..quite some number of people i met lately was telling me that this is not the correct path for a girl, as time devoted was too much..you might lose your family and etc etc..and its difficult for a partner to totally understand the life a person working in kitchen..


but all this still doesn't makes me lose my way..I'm at the kitchen now.and i was HAPPY...INSPIRED..I'm not sure how many people beside me is supportive of me..but it doesn't matter..I'm more assured of my pathway..and i'm really happy for a friend of mine where we share the same passion..i'm not surprise one day she will nailed it and the thing I'm more happy for her is that she has someone there to back her up..totally giving in for her passion..as a friend, nothing more happy than that..like what Paul Child said " you are butter to my breath..breath to my life"


and for Julie Powell, i will really thanked her for writing this book..if not, there wouldn't be such a good movie..and it also prove that an individual not related to you might just change your life forever..to be a better person and make your world a better place to live..YOU JUST GOT TO BE DETERMINE!!!

this is definitely an awesome movie at least to me
hope one day I'll be inspired by the book 'Mastering the Art of French Cooking'

sinny

8 comments:

  1. i havent watched this one, bt i did 1 called "no reservations" by catherine zeta jones, i don't knw but i jz love that movie. not as devoted to cooking as this one of course

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i watched that..haha..that was pretty good too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still can't poarch a good egg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes. a bit let down. i love amy adams but seems to hv too much of her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha..i would say i prefer meryl streep..i dunno la but i would say this movie is inspiring to me..go watch the blind side

    ReplyDelete
  6. another movie?
    julie's constant breakdown jz doesnt seem cute anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes..that the part of julie that is not so nice..yupp another movie..based on true story..i think its worth a watch.

    ReplyDelete