Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Matcha Sable

i have wanted to make Parmesan sable after taking the recipe from Aden..he knows how much i love it coz i'm always munching it every time they bake back in the academy. and last weekend was the right time to bake..i got all my ingredients ready except for the major one, the CHEESE..that's how careless i am.. and i being a lazy bum just couldn't move my ass out of the house..

and since we have the macha powder sitting at the corner of my drawer, why not?? just grab and bake..cheese sable can always come later right..muahahaha....sable is just one of the simplest French cookies to be made..pop one in your mouth and you will get addicted..maybe not for all people but to my dad, yes!!!

the sable dough coated with sugar before cutting and baking..should have roll it more round though


cutting into rounds before baking..love the greens before baking

Cut Cut Cut

Bake Bake Bake

tada!!!! the sable that had been cooled down..but i guess temperature is slightly too high though..there are some cracked..shall improvised on that for the next sable..

does it look tempting to you?? i'm not a big fan of green tea products but i love the luscious green of it and the aroma of the green tea was pretty strong..some might find it overpowering like momo but dad said its just nice because he said a lot of green tea product doesn't have green tea taste..guess dd is just being supportive..thanks!!!

of coz time for some decorative packaging!!!

i always felt that packaging helps make the food look more interesting..just lace with ribbons and felt flowers..as easy as that..and you bring simplicity at a different look..this container here ended up as a birthday gift for a friend..hope she like it!!!

i know it sounds ridiculous nowadays when i tell people i hate doing pastries last time..its easier to say i like baking now..haha

more to come

sinny

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I HATE green tea, but I love the look of your cookies! Maybe try pistachio next time :-). And I'm with you on your last para - I used to hate cooking, but now I say I still hate cooking, but I totally am enjoying baking :-). To me, they are two different things altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah..i knew that you never love green tea..haha..did thought of trying pistachio but pistachio paste is so expensive..
    who knows one day you will like cooking especially when kitchen is done..we shall cook and bake at ur kitchen one day

    ReplyDelete